Hawk Guided Technologies, SPC – Privacy Statement
Last Updated: 04/13/21
“Aggregate Information” is information that has been combined with information about other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified. For example, Aggregate Information may include a statement that says “50% of our users have used the mobile app in the last month”.
“Cookies” are text files, typically small in size, that are placed on your computer by a webpage server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
“Personal Data” is any information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Personal Data does not include Aggregate Information or other anonymized information (including metadata) collected by Harman that cannot be used to identify you, even if such information was derived from your Personal Data.
“Usage Data” is information about how you use the Services, such as your browser type, domains, page views, duration, and information about the device you use to access the Services.
“Web Beacons” (also known as “Clear GIFs” and “Pixel Tags”) are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails that are used to monitor the behavior of a website user or recipient of an email.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data when we deliver our products, conduct marketing activities, gather feedback, provide customer support, fulfill product orders, and run our business operations. The Personal Data we collect varies based upon which of our Services you are using.
- Device-specific information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
- Log information. When you use our Services, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, such as Usage Data, usage detail and device event information (e.g., crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and referral URL.)
- Location information. We may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors. For example, if our Service can provide driving direction, traffic reporting, recommendation of establishments near your location, and similar services, then we may collect your device’s real-time or compiled geographical information in order to provide such Service to you.
- Unique application numbers. Certain Services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us at the time of installation or update.
In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also use your Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you. We may use your name and contact information to communicate with you, including identifying you as a user of the website or product.
- Verify your identity. We may use your Personal Data to verify who you are. For example, we may verify your age or that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s permission to use our Services.
- Send you marketing materials. We may use your Personal Data to create and send you marketing materials, such as promotional emails or catalogues, to keep you informed of our upcoming product releases. You generally must opt-in to receiving our marketing materials, and you may opt-out of receiving them at any time. For more information on how to opt-out, please see YOUR CHOICES below.
- Respond to your questions and fulfill your requests. We may send you communications upon your request or otherwise with your consent.
- Provide support and receive feedback. We may request Personal Data in order to provide support to you. We may also collect Personal Data that are associated with your feedback.
- To identify criminal activity. We may use your Personal Data if we believe that your actions violate applicable law, or threaten the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, or others.
- To comply with legal obligations. We may use your Personal Data to comply with legal obligations, including responding to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or discovery requests in civil litigation.
We also gather non-descriptive, non-identifiable statistical information about how many visitors use our Services, how our users use our Services, how our users access certain content available on our Services, how long our users access certain content, what content our users are accessing, and our user preferences or settings for certain Services. We use this Aggregated Information for statistical analysis of how users make use of our Services so we can better improve our Services.
DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Authentication. We use Data Collection Technologies to verify your account and determine when you’re logged in so we can make it easier for you to access the Services and personalize your experience and features.
- Security and product integrity. We use Data Collection Technologies to help us keep your account and information safe and secure. We also use Data Collection Technologies to combat activity that violates our policies or otherwise degrades our ability to provide our Services.
- Advertising, insights and measurement. We use Data Collection Technologies to gather data to show you personalized ads, whether for our Services or for products and services of third parties. These personalized ads may be on our websites or select, third-party websites. We also use Data Collection Technologies to help measure the performance of ad campaigns for businesses that use the Services. Data Collection Technologies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
- Site features and services. We use Data Collection Technologies to enable the functionality that helps us provide the Services and provide you with the best experience possible, including to help provide you with content relevant to your locale.
- Recognition. We use Data Collection Technologies to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices. This includes using Data Collection Technologies that track your use of our Services and certain third-party services across time and devices. We may use this information to recognize that a user of multiple devices is the same user. We also use Data Collection Technologies to associate data collected anonymously or pseudonymously with information we or a third party may have about you, such as your email address.
- Analytics and research: We use Data Collection Technologies to better understand how people use the website so that we can improve the Services. For example, we partner with Google Analytics, which uses Data Collection Technologies to track your interactions with our Services. This information helps us improve our Services so that we can better serve users like you. For more information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics.
Although most browsers and devices accept Cookies and other Data Collection Technologies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline Cookies. If you disable Cookies, some of the features of our Services may not be available or function properly.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Because we know your Personal Data is important to you, we may share your information for the reason(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent, as well as in the following ways:
- At your direction. We will share your information with third parties if and when you direct us to. For example, you may ask us to share your Personal Data when you wish to interact with other users or post certain information on social media.
- With our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with our Service Providers as necessary to enable them to provide services to us. Service Providers are third parties (other companies and individuals) that support the operation and maintenance of our Services.
Your preferences about how we use your information are important to us and, when possible, we aim to honor them. Depending on where you reside, we offer the following choices that you can exercise with regard to your Personal Data.
- Access, modify, or delete your Personal Data. You can contact us at any time to request to access, modify, or delete the Personal Data we possess about you. Please refer to the “Contact Us” section below.
- Opt out of marketing communications. You can-opt out of marketing communications by indicating your preference when you sign up for our Services. You may also contact us to opt-out of our marketing communications.
- To prevent location information from being collected by us at any time, you can turn off your device’s location-tracking functionality.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt-out of Ads Personalization” setting.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use reasonable organizational and technical security measures designed to preserve the security of your Personal Data, including without limitation, encryption technologies and authentication tools. Note, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Services.
We respect the privacy of children. Our Services are not designed to attract an audience younger than 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16. Please contact us using the contact details below if you believe we may have collected information from your child, and we will work to delete it.
Hawk Guided Technologies, SPC
1312 N. Monroe St. #F181
Spokane, WA 99201